Are you having trouble with your PS5 controller? Do you feel like it’s not working the way it’s supposed to? Well, don’t worry – we’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll teach you how to reset your PS5 controller. Keep reading for more information.
Your PS5 controller is working differently than it used to and you don’t know why. You’ve tried all the troubleshooting tips you could find, but your controller still isn’t working right. We’re going to show you how to reset your PS5 controller so it works like new again. Keep reading for instructions on how to reset your PS5 controller!
Why do you want to reset a PS5 controller?
There could be many reasons why you want to reset ps5 controller. Maybe it’s not working the way it used to or maybe you just want to start fresh. Here is the list of reasons why gamers want to reset their controller –
- Your controller is not working the way it is supposed to
- Your controller is not working the way it is supposed to
- Your controller is not responding correctly to your commands.
- The buttons or sticks are sticking, making it difficult to control the game.
- You have just bought a new PS5 controller and want to start fresh.
- You want to delete all your save data and settings from your old controller before selling it or giving it away.
- You have tried troubleshooting and your controller still isn’t working
- You want to start fresh with a new controller
Whatever the reason, we’re going to show you how you can fix them by resetting your controller.
What a reset does to the PS5 controller?
When you reset your PS5 controller, it will delete all your save data and settings from the controller. It will also restart the controller so it works like new again. If your controller is not working correctly, a reset may be just what you need to fix the problem.
Keep in mind that when you reset your controller, you will lose all your progress in games and any other data that is stored on the controller. Make sure you back up your data before resetting your PS5 controller. Now that you know What a reset does to the PS5 controller- let’s get started!
How to Reset a PS5 Controller?
There are two ways to reset a PS5 controller – a soft reset and a hard reset. We will show you both methods below.
Soft Reset PS5 Controller
If you’re experiencing any problems with your PS5 controller, a soft reset may be able to fix them. A soft reset is a quick way to restart your controller without deleting any of your data or settings. It can help resolve issues like connection problems or controllers that aren’t working the way they’re supposed to. Remember, In order to perform a soft reset you will need a second controller. Now, let’s see how to do a soft reset on your PS5 controller:
- First, make sure your PS5 controller is unplugged.
- Next, you have to use the second controller and press the PlayStation button on it.
- Go to Control Center Menu by pressing the PlayStation button again on the home screen.
- Now Go to Accessories > Select Controllers.
- Then you have to select the Controller that you want to reset.
- Lastly, click on the turn-off option.
Now your Controller will turn off as well as the LED light on it. Then to make the controller work like before you have to follow a simple method of connecting Controllers to PS5.
Hard Reset PS5 Controller
If you want to completely reset your PS5 controller, a hard reset is a way to go. This will delete all of your data and settings from the controller and will restart it as if it was brand new. Follow the steps below if you wish to complete hard reset your controller-
- To perform a hard reset you will need a sim ejector tool or a needle.
- Turn off the PS5 Console and Controller.
- Now find a very small hole on the back of the controller.
- There is a button in that hole, Press it using a sim ejector or needle.
- Press this button for at least 5-7 seconds
The factory reset is done, and your controller will work like a new one. Now you can connect the controller with PS5 via cable.
PS5 Controller reset button not working?
So you want to factory reset the controller but your Controller’s reset button is not working, What to do now? Don’t worry, you can still factory reset the controller without the reset button. You will need a USB cable to do this.
- First, turn off your PS5 Console and Controller.
- Connect the Controller to your PC or Laptop using a USB Cable.
- Now open up a command prompt on your PC or laptop. (For Windows users, press Windows key + R, type cmd, and hit enter).
- Type in the following command and hit enter. (Replace “X” with the drive letter of your PS5 controller)
- xcopy /e /y X:\*.* Y:\
- This will copy all the files from your PS5 controller to your PC or laptop.
- Now you can open the files on your PC or laptop and find the reset file. (It will be in the same folder as your game saves).
- Double-click on the reset file to reset your controller.
- Your controller is now reset and ready to use!
Hopefully, at this point, your PS5 controller’s reset button is working again.
Why my PS5 controller is not turning on?
There are a few things you can try if your PS5 controller is not turning on.
First, make sure the controller is properly plugged into the console.
Second, check to see if the battery is charged. The controller will not turn on if the battery is dead.
Third, try restarting the console. Sometimes all it takes is a simple restart to get the controller working again.
Fourth, try resetting the controller. This can resolve connection problems or controllers that aren’t working the way they’re supposed to. You can reset the controller by either doing a soft reset or a hard reset.
How do I fix my drift controller?
If your PS5 controller is drifting, there are a few things you can try to fix it.
- Recalibrate the controller. This can resolve many drift problems. To recalibrate the controller, hold down the PlayStation button and the X button until the light bar flashes. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure the controller is properly plugged into the console.
- Check to see if the battery is charged. The controller will not turn on if the battery is dead.
- Try resetting the controller. This can resolve connection problems or controllers that aren’t working the way they’re supposed to.
- Make sure you’re using the correct input settings for your games. To change the input settings, go to Settings > Devices > Controllers and select your controller. Then change the input settings to match the game you’re playing.
- If all else fails, try replacing the battery in the controller. This can be a costly solution, but it may be the only option if all else fails.
Hopefully, one of these solutions will solve your drift controller problem.
1. How to Turn a PS5 Controller On and Off?
To turn a PS5 controller on, hold down the PlayStation button and the X button until the light bar flashes. To turn it off, hold down those same buttons until the light bar turns off.
2. Can PS5 controllers be used on PC?
Yes, PS5 controllers can be used on PC. You will need a USB cable to do this. First, turn off your PS5 Console and Controller. Connect the Controller to your PC or Laptop using a USB Cable.
3. Best Games to Play with a PS5 Controller?
There are many games that support PS5 controllers. Some of the best ones include God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Marvel’s Spider-Man.
4. What is the price of a PS5 controller?
The price of a PS5 controller varies depending on the retailer. However, most controllers are around $60.